Sunday, April 16, 2006

HAPPY EASTER!! Please remember the reason for the season

The last seven utterances of Christ:

Luke 23:34: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Luke 23:43: "Today you will be with me in paradise."

John 19:26-27: "Woman, behold your son; son, behold your mother."

Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

John 19:28: "I thirst."

John 19:30: "It is finished."

Luke 23:46: "Father into your hands I commend my spirit."

The visit of the angel:

Mathew 28:5-7: "The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. [6] He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. [7] Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony,

Thank you for this. It is easy to overlook "the reason" for so many of our "seasons of thanks".

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

HERE HERE!!! Good man.

Marc De Santos